Wednesday 27 August 2014

The Elephant House Cafe

When we went to Edinburgh we went to the Elephant House Cafe- the birthplace of Harry Potter.  This is where J.K. Rowling wrote the Harry Potter books.

While we've been away, we've started reading the Harry Potter books as a family and now Harry Potter is my favourite book so it was kind of cool to go to the place where it was written.  Also for the last few weeks, in my writing time I've been writing a chapter book called "Megaman and the Plan to Destroy the World." We also went to the Elephant Cafe so I could write some of my book in the same place J.K. Rowling did.

Here's me doing my writing...

Boodle wanted to do some writing too. 

This is a picture of the view out of the window at the cafe.  In the distance you can see Edinburgh Castle.  I wonder  where J.K. Rowling got the idea of Hogwarts from :0)



This is what I wrote while we were there... (It's a description of a machine created by an evil lord).

"There were huge cogs twirling round and round like ginormous hurricanes and tiny green lights flashing on and off every second.  Wide circular fans were spinning in action though instead of breathing air they breathed lazer beams!  Bulging steel pipes coiled up the strange machine like overgrown earthworms and were connected to a large ovoid container filled with loads of different coloured wires and a small bronze chair.  Dark clouds of steam drifted out of big chimney like tubes as if they were the souls of dead men reaching out for heaven or gods beloved warmth.  Next there were teeny orange rectangles shooting out of every corner and fat cones sticking out of the top."


And here's some graffiti from the toilets at the cafe...















1 comment:

  1. Hey Finn! Hope you're having an amazing time. I love your writing! Your description of the machine made me want to see it in real life! Keep up the writing, and see you soon in New Zealand! Mr Hall

    ReplyDelete