Wednesday 23 September 2015

Caveman Writing

One day when we were at the park, my nanny Sophie suggested that we find big pieces of wood so we could write on them and make up our own cave man symbols.  So we collected some wood and went home.  


When we got home we looked up some caveman symbols that I could copy.
First I practised on paper.


This is the story I wrote using the symbols.  "House, fire, fire out.  Me and dog, kill deer.  River, tree, sun over cave, bear attack me.  Stormy. 

This is where I tried to write on the wood but it wasn't quite big enough.  





I was having lots of fun though so I decided to create my own symbol system to write the same story but I added some more ways of writing so that I could give more detail and make the story more exciting.  For example in the picture above you can see a wolf with dots to an eye with dots to a bear in the cave.  This shows that the wolf saw the bear in the cave.

Then I kept writing and writing...


I was having so much fun writing stories with my new writing system that I even wanted to keep writing when we went on the tube out for dinner.  Dad loved listening to my stories.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Finn
    Great caveman writing. Its much different to how we write today. It would be great if you could do a teach me tuesday and show us how to write (in caveman or Eygptian). How long did it take for you to learn how to write in caveman style?

    We're looking forward to seeing you in Term 4!
    Abby, Olivia, Tom, Scarlett, Chelsea and Room 16

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Finn,
    Your story was so cool that I want to read it over and over again,

    from Zach

    ReplyDelete