Tuesday 10 June 2014

Hands on Homework Week 5 - Mousetraps


While I'm away I'm still going to be doing school work every day.  AND I'm going to be doing my school homework.  As part of our homework in Room 17 we do something called "Hands-on-Homework".  It's usually really fun.  We do things like seeing how many birds their are in our garden and throwing a ball up in the air and seeing how many claps we can do before it comes down again and chemistry experiments etc. Week 5's hands on homework was to practise making something with bread. So Mum taught me how to make little toastie things we call MOUSETRAPS and I made lunch for everybody in my family all by myself.


First I grated the cheese, then added eggs and salt and pepper to make the mixture that goes on the top.


Next I started spreading Branston Pickle on the bread.  Branston Pickle is a very famous pickle in England and it's Dad's favourite. I also put mayonnaise on some and Branston Pickle AND mayonnaise on a couple.

Then I started spreading the egg and cheese mixture on top of the Branston Pickle and mayonnaise.

here's the mousetraps cooking in the oven
here they are 17 minutes later looking really yum
Time for the taste test.... YUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!!  Those Mousetraps tasted really good.  My favourite was the Branston Pickle.
Isaac really liked them too.  His favourite was the Branston and he added a little bit of avocaado to make his taste even better.
My brother though especially liked it.  When Mum asked him what my food was like he said "UUmm" which meant Yum!  He even ate a whole omlet made out of the leftover mixture.
They were so delicious that we ate them all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment